Companies around the world are trying to minimize the number of accidents and are looking for ways to prevent them.
Why is driving quality monitoring important?
Security. The value of human lives comes first
Reducing the cost of fleet ownership:
- Reducing of equipment downtime due to repair after accidents;
- Reducing risks of damage or cargo loss;
- Reducing fuel consumption;
- Reducing the cost of car maintenance;
Increasing staff discipline. A disciplined driver does not pose a threat to others and maintains the image of a company that strives to meet global safety standards.
Geoservice Company is an expert in driving quality monitoring.
The proposed solutions are a hardware and software complex that allows you to control the quality of driving according to a set of criteria. Based on these criteria, it is possible to calculate penalty points for a car, driver, and evaluate the carrier’s fleet.
The worldwide leader in producing construction materials and providing complex solutions in the construction business uses hired carriers to deliver its products to customers. The company asked Geoservice specialists to develop a comprehensive solution for assessing driving quality.
- more than 20 hired carrier companies
- more than 700+ cars of different brands
- different navigation equipment already installed on the cars
Requirements for driving quality reports:
- counting the number of hard accelerations and decelerations
- calculation of the duration of speeding that is based on road restrictions + permissible error
- fixing violations of the speed limit in certain areas
- calculation of work and rest time according to the legislation of the Russian Federation
- providing a report on the driver
- providing a report on the car
- driver’s ratings
- providing information in visual form with the possibility to export data (eg. xlsx format)
Geoservice worked with two types of carrier companies, those that had navigation equipment installed before and those that needed partial or full equipment installation. To obtain data correctly on hard accelerations and decelerations, the accelerometers of navigation equipment were tuned and calibrated for the operation of an acceptable threshold. All cars were equipped with a driver identification system using RFID cards, which made it possible to identify the chauffeur driving the car, as well as to control his work and rest intervals.
- The client got access to reports on the driving quality with the possibility to build them both for cars and for drivers. The data is presented in the form of a rating, with the assignment of a score to drivers, and determines the status of driving “Good”, “Satisfactory” or “Bad”.
- Reports are color-coded by rating. The reports contain detailed information on each violation. The work and rest mode is additionally displayed on an activity diagram.
- The report can be viewed online and saved as an xlsx file.
- Additionally, reports were developed on “accelerometer operation” to prevent disabling accelerometers on equipment, and “offline time parameter” to detect navigation equipment without activity.
- The administrative resource made it possible to influence drivers with low discipline, as a result, driving quality indicators improved, the accident rate decreased to almost 0. Cargo is delivered on time and without damage.
- The rights of carriers were not infringed. Partnerships have been strengthened as carriers have also experienced positive results from the implementation of the system.